Thursday, November 26, 2009

Silkies is my second home

So for most of us this is where it began. Charging "3-4ft" silkies as we called it then haha. Those were the days!

Silkies is this mellow tuby wave in the strand where most strand bodyboarders started. It's a sick little beach break that would be world class if it got bigger than 2ft. It has a got a super good setup with a reef that breaks and reforms as a sick little beach break.

We still have our fun there but with all the new blocks of flats being built the south easter doesn't hit it as much as it used to and the banks haven't been good for long.



As you can see it is in the town very much. Local swimming beach. This is a photo of me taken by my bro with a disposable underwater camera






My bro getting a nugget(same day)



Damiaan O'grady when he still bodyboarded



A more recent photo of me taken from the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment